Does the skin on your forehead tend to be a little oily, or perhaps on your chin or nose but dry across your cheeks? Then you are one of many who have whats commonly known as “Combination Skin”.
Combination Skin is one of the most common skin types, and it also has a tendency to become better or worse depending on the season, usually getting oilier in the summer and drier in the winter. But, if you’re in your late 20s or 30s, combination skin tends to be more difficult to manage during menstruation.
Combination skin can be incredibly challenging to care for since it requires a gentle balance of controlling oily areas without robbing moisture from the drier parts of your face.
Here are some practical yet effective tips and ideas that can help with your stubborn complexion:
* Cleanse – Use a cleanser designed for combination skin to remove makeup, grime, and oil without drying out other parts of your face.
* Protect – Help protect your skin from sun damage by using an oil-free, daily moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15. Smooth it on your face, neck, and décolletage.
* Tone – Follow with a toner containing witch hazel on the oilier parts of your face to help remove excess surface oil.
* Exfoliate – Use a moisturizer containing alpha hydroxy acids which help to remove dead skin cells, keep pores clear, and prevents any dry areas from flaking.
* Moisturize – At night, you will benefit from using two different types of moisturizers. Use a lighter, oil-free moisturizer on the oilier areas of your skin and hydrate the drier areas with a creamier one.
Combination Skin is one of the most common and challenging skin types, but with a multi-faceted skin care routine, you can keep your skin balanced, healthy and beautiful.