Massage is a proven way to help alleviate chronic pain and is recommended by the American College of Physicians and the American Pain Society. A professional massage therapist will use certain techniques to work with sore strained muscles, and a good quality motorized massage chair can perform many of the same basic movements that a professional therapist would use and do it all in the comfort of your own home.
For most of us, an injury such as a strained back or a pulled muscle would be treated with pain relievers, applying ice, or avoiding further strain for a day or two. In some cases, ongoing pain may be an indication of other health problems such as arthritis or cervical disc problems. Treatment for these ailments might include massage to relieve muscle spasm and pain.
Massage helps to relax the body, soothe aching muscles, and relieve tension. In fact, some forms of massage are believed to provide health benefits like improving digestion, relieving headaches, stimulating circulation, boosting the immune system, and even controlling minor depression.
Here Are A Few Of The Ways A Massage Chair Can Improve Your Health
1) A massage chair relaxes your muscles and helps maintain proper posture. A massage chair can target specific muscles and use several kinds of strokes and movements to help relieve pain, and when muscles relax your body’s imbalances are corrected. When your muscles are relaxed your body experiences increased mobility. For most of us, our body’s have a natural tendency to alleviate pain by using another set of muscles which quite often places undue stress on adjacent muscles and ligaments. Here’s why, a sore hip will cause someone to sit unevenly to help reduce pressure on the side that is sore, my husband does this all the time and this causes the muscles along the lower spine to bear that weight unevenly. Neck or shoulder muscles can become strained from improper alignment or from bearing weight normally held by the lower spine. Fortunately, after spending some time in a massage chair, many people notice an improvement in their posture and balance.
2) A massage chair can help align your spine and reduce pressure on nerves. A reclining chair helps reduce pressure on your spine by supporting your back in a horizontal position. Major nerves run through the vertebrae to outlying areas of the body such as your feet, hands, fingers, and toes, tension in the spine or misaligned vertebrae can put unwanted pressure on these nerves. When muscles that support the vertebrae relax, the spine lengthens or stretches and the vertebrae resume their normal alignment. When impacted nerves are freed from pressure, nerve impulses can travel freely through the spinal column to your extremities.
3) A massage chair can help improve circulation. Increased circulation promotes healing. Your blood carries oxygen and nutrients to your cells and organs and in turn, removes toxins. Constricted tense muscles can restrict blood flow, but by relaxing our muscles, blood will begin to flow easily again to the tissues and organs. There are even some studies that suggest the immune system can be strengthened with the use of massage.
4) A massage chair can help relieve stress. Stress not only affects our mental well-being, it can have a big impact on our physiological health as well. Stress is known to cause poor appetite, high blood pressure, and sleeplessness. Reducing or alleviating stress altogether helps to reduce levels of cortisol in the bloodstream which helps to control blood pressure.
5) A massage chair can even stimulate the body’s secretion of endorphins. Endorphins are neurotransmitters that help to reduce the feeling of pain and lessen the effects of stress. Endorphins create a sense of well-being and enhance immune function.
Massage and massage chairs work extremely well when it comes to easing aches and pains, and can also help you relax and lower stress. Using a massage chair offers so many positive benefits for both your physical and mental well-being.
If a massage chair is something you think might help, then we suggest checking out this highly rated, space saving, zero-gravity, full body massage chair recliner. Click Here To Learn More!